SFL Scientific is expanding our data science consulting team and we are seeking senior and lead data scientists to design and build end-to-end approaches, and ML/AI solutions, across public sector applications.
The Senior Data Scientist works directly with senior personnel, program managers, and external organizations in the planning, oversight, execution, and evaluation of multiple complex technical and scientific solutions. These may include state-of-the-art initiatives and methods in computer vision, natural language processing, and time series analysis for anomaly detection, preventative maintenance, signal processing, and automation of analyst workflows.
We are looking for data scientists who have a passion for analyzing and improving digital systems leveraging large, complex streams of data derived from the world’s most advanced aerospace, defense, intelligence, and energy systems.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to manage projects, provide thought leadership, and act as an autonomous member of the SFL Scientific team. The role of the Senior Data Scientist will include the entire workflow of a data science project: From ensuring data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing to the cleaning, visualizing, analyzing, predicting with the data, and creation of scalable solutions and pipelines.
Travel Requirement: 5% per year
- Act in a data scientist capacity as SFL Scientific’s representative to the United States (US) defense and government representatives and global federal IT/AI partner ecosystem.
- Conducting mathematical, statistical, or other data-driven problem-solving analyses to identify business operations or intelligence questions by internal and external customers.
- Apply extensive technical, machine learning, and analytical background experience to develop strategic AI programs.
- Apply state-of-the-art methods to complex problems, including deep learning utilizing, GANs, CNNs, RNNs, LSTMs, BERT, etc.
- Iterate on and/or create repeatable, reusable processes and scalable data systems that meet technical and deployment challenges.
- Demonstrate highly proficient writing and presentation skills to develop briefings, responses, documents, business plans, and reports.
- Maintain contemporary expertise on new data science methods, technologies, industry trends, and open source packages
- Work with our technical team of Ph.D. data scientists & engineers to help ensure project delivery and success.
- Master’s or Ph.D. preferred in a STEM field, high proficiency in Artificial Intelligence and related engineering technologies
- Proficient in core programming languages, such as Python, R, C/C++, and auxiliary sets/tools – Keras, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with deploying machine learning models and cloud services environments, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Track record of developing deep learning-based systems, AI optimization, and deployment for data science applications
- Eligibility to obtain a US Govt. Dept. of Defense Secret Clearance as necessary for future projects
- Current Active Security Clearance preferred
Base salary, performance bonus/compensation, medical coverage, 401k plan, paid time off (vacation, personal/sick, parental, etc.), flexible work schedule, ongoing industry training, and other company-wide perks.
This person will have a complete view of a growing consulting firm in a novel, technical field, working in a highly collaborative and responsive environment with high-profile Fortune 100 partners and federal clients. The candidate has the opportunity to shape how the data science team functions within SFL Scientific as the company expands based on client performance, project delivery, and technical solution development to advance mission objectives across public sector use cases. This is an opportunity for a senior scientist to help develop leadership practices, develop novel AI tools and services, advance professionally and take ownership with a cohesive team of engineers, consultants, and scientists to support AI development and services efforts.
A MESSAGE ON COVID-19
Our priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families, and our communities. During this rapidly changing environment, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy and best accommodate working conditions individually. We are looking forward to meeting in the office when things return to normal and there are safe conditions for everyone involved.