SFL Scientific is expanding our data science consulting team and we are seeking senior data scientists to design and build ML/AI solutions and end-to-end tools across healthcare, life sciences, manufacturing, technology, and other industries. Work on complex and R&D-type data science problems with organizations of all sizes from initial scoping and EDA to production of AI models.
As a Senior Data Scientist on this team, you will help define data strategy, drive technical development, and help us create the next generation of tools, products, and AI services. You will also work closely with clients to understand their data sets, strategy, and operational requirements, driving exploratory analysis and designing long-term solutions.
Working with a team of data scientists, data engineers, architects, and consultants, our work includes helping to detect cancer, understanding population health, extracting insights from millions of records, detecting defects in infrastructure and equipment or predicting failures in electrical systems. Being a data scientist requires you to be a consultant at SFL Scientific, helping clients solve problems by being both a technical advisor and scientist.
Flexible work schedule and minimal (less than 5%) travel to clients on-site. Remote work per current coronavirus restrictions.
- Guide clients with high autonomy from beginning to end, including understanding organizational needs, performing exploratory data analysis, building and validating models, and deploying models into scoped pipelines
- Work with clients to deliver AI/ML solutions, including providing thought leadership, long-term maintenance, and AI strategy objectives
- Research and implement novel machine learning approaches, including advancing state of the art training, solution design, network design, and hardware optimization
- Validate AI models and algorithm via code reviews, unit, and integration tests
- Support prioritization of project performance and model development and ensure AI solutions are delivered to maximize business impact and new initiatives
- Collaborate with data engineers, data scientists, project managers, and business teams to make sure delivery and presentations are aligned with business objectives
- Master’s degree in a relevant STEM field (Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, etc.)
- 5+ years experience in ML/AI algorithm development and data analysis (NLP, time-series analysis, computer vision)
- Expert in traditional ML and deep learning techniques, AI optimization, and deployment of data science applications
- Expert in core programming languages and data science packages (Python, R, Keras, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Jupyter, etc.)
- Experience with deployment and optimization – Kubernetes, Docker, NVIDIA TensorRT/Triton, Kubeflow, etc.
- Proficient with SQL, NoSQL, and querying large databases
- Ph.D. in a relevant STEM field (Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, etc.)
- Proficient with leveraging AWS, Azure computing environments (AWS SageMaker, Azure ML Studio) to build and scale ML pipelines
- Proficient with a distributed computing platform (Spark, etc.)
- Proficient with deep learning-based methods (CNNs, RNNs, LSTMs, GANs,) in a variety of applications
- Experience querying and administering big data storage services (Redshift, Aurora, DynamoDB, etc.)
- Experience with general software release cycle, productionizing ML or predictive analytics models at scale.
This person will have a complete view of a growing consulting firm in a novel, technical field, working in a highly collaborative and responsive environment with high-profile Fortune 100 clients and partners. The candidate has the opportunity to shape how the data science team functions within SFL Scientific as the company expands based on client performance, project delivery, and technical solution development. This is an opportunity for a talented data scientist to grow into a manager role, develop professionally, and help develop a cohesive team of engineers, consultants, and scientists to support AI development and services efforts.
About SFL Scientific
SFL Scientific is a US-based data science professional services firm focused on strategy, technology, and solving business & operational challenges with Artificial Intelligence (AI). Working with clients of all sizes, industries, and AI maturity levels, our capabilities range from developing corporate AI strategy to building custom AI applications at scale. With a globally connected network of technology and cloud partners, SFL Scientific’s core services include leading cross-functional efforts across business, IT, and operations. Hundreds of clients—including S&P100 enterprises, fastest-growing startups, and government agencies—trust SFL Scientific to create and accelerate AI initiatives.