SFL Scientific is seeking a Capture and Proposal Manager to join our growing practice across the federal and public sector, including defense, security, and healthcare. This business development role will focus primarily on capture and proposal management, with related responsibilities such as partner and contract management. Reporting to the Director of Federal Solutions, the SOM will work cross-functionally with organizational leadership and technical subject matter experts to expand new development opportunities and cultivate existing relationships.
As Capture and Proposal Manager, the ability to balance multiple priorities with a task-oriented approach and keen organizational skills will be critical. For this business development role, the ideal candidate will be able to communicate at all levels within an organization, both internally and externally, and lead with a positive demeanor and proactive mindset.
SFL Scientific is a US-based data science professional services firm focused on strategy, technology, and solving business & operational challenges with Artificial Intelligence. Working with clients of all sizes, industries, and AI maturity levels, our capabilities range from developing corporate AI strategy to building custom AI applications at scale. With a globally connected network of technology and cloud partners, SFL Scientific’s core services include leading cross-functional efforts across the business, IT, and operations.
- Capture & Proposal Management – Lead execution across the entire pipeline for operational and strategic proposals in collaboration with leadership, AI experts, and partners e.g. bid/no-bid evaluation, assigning tasks to contributors, and writing compelling and competitive content
- Partner Management – Cultivate and support long-term strategic partnerships, especially with respect to collaborative business development
- Contract Management – Help ensure successful client delivery, in collaboration with Project Managers, towards organic and tactical business development
- Co-develop and maintain a proactive, integrated institutional approach to responsibilities, for example, proposal process and a past performance library
- Bachelor’s Degree – (Masters or Ph.D. preferred)
- STEM professional experience or degree
- At least 5 years experience managing federal proposal submissions
- Working proficiency in AI, machine learning, or data analytics
- Experience using the Shipley Process, CRM tools, and federal opportunities databases
- Exceptional technical writing skills with experience communicating across technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to thrive in a complex and fast-paced environment with a proactive approach to complex tasks
- U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance, current Secret or higher clearance preferred.
Base salary, performance bonus/compensation, medical coverage, 401k plan, paid time off (vacation, personal/sick, parental, etc.), flexible work schedule, ongoing industry training, and other company-wide perks.
This person will have a complete view of a growing consulting firm in a novel, technical field, working in a highly collaborative and responsive environment with high-profile Fortune 100 clients and partners. The candidate has the opportunity to shape how the data science team functions within SFL Scientific as the company expands based on client performance, project delivery, and technical solution development. This is an opportunity for a talented data scientist to grow into a manager role, develop professionally and help develop a cohesive team of engineers, consultants, and scientists to support AI development and services efforts.
A Message On COVID-19
Our priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families, and our communities. During this rapidly changing environment, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy and best accommodate working conditions individually. We are looking forward to meeting in the office when things return to normal and there are safe conditions for everyone involved.