SFL Scientific is seeking experienced embedded software engineers to help us design, build, and launch Artificial Intelligence applications and solutions on UAV platforms in mission-critical environments.
SFL Scientific is a US-based data science professional services firm focused on strategy, technology, and solving business & operational challenges with Artificial Intelligence (AI). Working with clients of all sizes, industries, and AI maturity levels, our capabilities range from developing corporate AI strategies to building custom AI applications at scale. With a globally connected network of technology and cloud partners, SFL Scientific’s core services include leading cross-functional efforts across business, IT, and operations. Hundreds of clients—including S&P100 enterprises, fastest-growing startups, and government agencies—trust SFL Scientific to create and accelerate AI initiatives.
Providing advanced autonomous, real-time, AI-based solutions, we continuously strive to find the most innovative ways to deliver sophisticated inspection/detection applications on multiple UAV platforms. As an Embedded Software Developer, you will incorporate the latest embedded AI hardware and software solutions into our AI product line including NVIDIA SOC’s, and XILINX FPGA’s, and ACAP’s. Our AI products are targeted for a wide range of UAV platforms ranging from enterprise to government. You will be involved in all aspects of our technology stack, implementing state-of-the-art AI algorithms on powerful embedded SOC’s. Comfortability with the latest real-time embedded architectures and best practices is crucial for the position.
- Productionize real-time ubiquitous AI algorithms for inspection and detection in mission-critical applications
- Implement real-time data pipeline streams for maximum throughput and diversity
- Design and implement real-time data storage solutions
- Optimize AI solutions for maximum effectiveness on various HW and SW platforms
- Ensure code quality via test-driven development
- Collaborate with external teams, vendors, and customers to maximize product usefulness and reliability.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Collaborate and communicate complex technical concepts
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- 8+ years of software development experience in a technology company
- 3+ years experience developing embedded applications on multiple HW/SW platforms
- Fluent in software fundamentals including software design and maintainability
- Proficient understanding of a real-time architecture implemented for maximum reliability and throughput
- Experience with the embedded microprocessor tools
- Proficient in C/C++ and Python programming language and common tools, i.e., NumPy, Pandas, etc.
- Proficient in implementing interprocess communication using the IP stack
- Good understanding of software testing principles and test-driven development
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Basic knowledge of AI principles
- Past experience developing real-time embedded Drone applications
- Understanding of physics and basic principles
This person will have a complete view of software development in a novel and technical field, working in a highly collaborative and responsive environment with high-profile Fortune 100 clients and partners. The candidate has the opportunity to shape how the team functions within SFL Scientific, specifically as the company expands based on client performance, project delivery, and technical solution development. This is an opportunity for a talented engineer to grow professionally and help develop a cohesive team of engineers, consultants, and scientists to support AI development to advance our society.
A MESSAGE ON COVID-19
Our priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families, and our communities. During this rapidly changing environment, we are looking forward to reopening the office September 1st, while closely monitoring COVID-19 developments. We are regularly soliciting feedback from employees to help inform our reopening strategy and best accommodate working conditions individually, may it be remotely or in-office. We are looking forward to things returning to normal with safe conditions for everyone involved.
Base salary, performance bonus/compensation, medical coverage, 401k plan, paid time off (vacation, personal/sick, parental, etc.), flexible work schedule, ongoing industry training, and other company-wide perks.