SFL Scientific, a data science consulting firm, is looking for a Director of AI Solutions for the Healthcare & Life Sciences sectors to join our team to drive the vision, strategy, and execution of our AI go-to-market initiatives.
With our consulting practice is undergoing continued growth, we are looking for a qualified candidate to add to the team’s business development and execution capabilities, to help deliver AI consulting initiatives for some of the world’s leading healthcare and life sciences organizations.
The individual will lead highly cross-functional teams to support the incubation, development, and ultimate growth of SFL Scientific’s AI solutions. You will be responsible for helping to identify, advocate, and execute SFL Scientific’s interests within the payer, provider, biotech, medical device, & pharma ecosystems to achieve business goals and objectives.
In collaboration with other partners, you will work with senior business leaders across the enterprise to identify opportunities to use advanced modeling and machine learning techniques.
SFL Scientific is a US-based data science professional services firm focused on strategy, technology, and solving business & operational challenges with Artificial Intelligence. Working with clients of all sizes, industries, and AI maturity levels, our capabilities range from developing corporate AI strategy to building custom AI applications at scale. With a globally connected network of technology and cloud partners, SFL Scientific’s core services include leading cross-functional efforts across business, IT, and operations.
This is a full-time position in Boston, MA; remote work per coronavirus restrictions.
What You Will Do
• Develop and lead client relationships in life sciences, healthcare, medical devices, and biotechnology
• Identify new business opportunities, generate revenue & engagement, and develop long-term strategic relationships with key stakeholders, industry partners, and other external organizations including active participation in thought leadership activities
• Establish trusted, senior-level partner relationships with key partners, vendors, and industry organizations to develop a long-term vision for digital health
• Lead proposal and statement of work (SOW) development including defining business objectives, solution approach, scope, deliverables, client responsibilities, staffing roles, pricing, and risk mitigation
• Construct roadmaps to enable clients’ strategic vision to be realized through the power of AI, predictive analytics, and data engineering, by working closely with individuals across technical levels and propose opportunities for new and follow-on consulting engagements with clients
• Identify, develop, and implement methodologies to improve client and team engagement, productivity, efficiencies, effectiveness, and contribute to overall company profitability
• Work with AI consulting and technical teams to synthesize insights and recommendations to ensure client-ready deliverables and collaborate with leaders in delivering strategic recommendations and executive briefings
• Ph.D. in STEM field or equivalent experience, proficiency in AI technology services and solutions
• 7+ years of relevant consulting or technical leadership experience with a demonstrable record of business development or delivering and executing impactful technology or data science strategies
• Deep working knowledge of business, financial, operational, and technology processes in healthcare and life sciences, especially in large enterprises, and understanding of how AI and analytics can help transform or automate tools, products, and services
• Technical knowledge in the payer, provider, or clinical technology processes and solutions with a solid functional understanding of solving problems using AI, engineering, and cloud computing
• Highly analytical and capable of understanding technical applications towards the life sciences market and the diverse technologies, business processes, IT environments, while communicating and presenting clearly to technical and non-technical stakeholders and decision-makers
• Excellent business and financial acumen and negotiation; highly proficient writing and presentation skills to develop briefings, responses, documents, business plans, and reports
You will have a complete view of a growing consulting firm in a novel, technical field, working in a highly collaborative and responsive environment with high-profile S&P100 clients and partners. The candidate has the opportunity to shape how the data science team functions within SFL Scientific as the company expands based on client performance, project delivery, and technical solution development. This is an opportunity for a business leader to lead a consulting practice, develop national relationships, help build complex solutions, and energize a cohesive team of engineers, consultants, and scientists to support AI development and services efforts.
About SFL Scientific
SFL Scientific is a US-based data science professional services firm focused on strategy, technology, and solving business & operational challenges with Artificial Intelligence (AI). Working with clients of all sizes, industries, and AI maturity levels, our capabilities range from developing corporate AI strategy to building custom AI applications at scale. With a globally connected network of technology and cloud partners, SFL Scientific’s core services include leading cross-functional efforts across business, IT, and operations. Hundreds of clients—including S&P100 enterprises, fastest-growing startups, and government agencies—trust SFL Scientific to create and accelerate AI initiatives.