We are looking for a data scientist with a focus on computer vision, especially deep learning applications, to join the SFL Scientific data science team. As a data science consultant, you will be focused on developing and deploying image processing, automation, or deep learning solutions that will have an impact in the healthcare, life sciences, agriculture, robotics, and manufacturing industries.
SFL Scientific is a US-based data science consulting firm, providing a broad range of services and solutions in data engineering, big data, machine learning, and Artificial Intelligence. Opportunities to expand and develop a skillset and proficiency in NLP, time-series, and other modalities are highly encouraged.
Consultant travel is suspended for COVID-19 and traditionally is less than 5% post-pandemic.
- Research, design, implement and deploy full-stack scalable computer vision, deep learning, and machine learning solutions to novel and R&D problems.
- Keep up with the state-of-the-art in computer vision and deep learning, including 3D and video applications.
- Develop and implement state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms for object detection, classification, segmentation, etc., including advanced medical diagnostic use cases.
- Translate business requirements into quick prototypes and work with clients directly to uncover operational objectives and advance data collection.
- Ph.D. or M.S. in computer science, machine learning, physics, engineering, or related fields.
- Strong foundation in computer science, algorithms, data structures, machine learning, and statistics.
- Depth and breadth in state-of-the-art computer vision, deep learning, and machine learning technologies.
- Proficiency with Tensorflow, PyTorch, and Keras
- Proficiency in C/C++, Python and associated packages, and image pre-processing methods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Technical fluency; comfortable understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, assessing tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
- Proficient with AWS or Azure cloud computing environments.
- Experience with parallel/distributed computing and NVIDIA HPC systems.
- Experience with prototyping on large-scale HPC/GPU architectures, including TensorRT, Triton, Kubernetes and optimizing training, read, and inference performance.
Base salary, performance bonus/compensation, medical coverage, 401k plan, paid time off (vacation, personal/sick, parental, etc.), flexible work-schedule, on-going industry training, and other company-wide perks.
A Message on COVID-19
Our priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families, and our communities. During this recovering environment, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy and best accommodate working conditions individually. We are looking forward to meeting in the office when things return to normal, individuals are vaccinated, and there are safe conditions for everyone involved.
About SFL Scientific
SFL Scientific is a US-based data science professional services firm focused on strategy, technology, and solving business & operational challenges with Artificial Intelligence (AI). Working with clients of all sizes, industries, and AI maturity levels, our capabilities range from developing corporate AI strategy to building custom AI applications at scale. With a globally connected network of technology and cloud partners, SFL Scientific’s core services include leading cross-functional efforts across business, IT, and operations. Hundreds of clients—including S&P100 enterprises, fastest-growing startups, and government agencies—trust SFL Scientific to create and accelerate AI initiatives.