SFL Scientific is a data science consulting firm applying AI & machine learning to help organizations develop new AI tools and business opportunities. We offer R&D and advisory to organizations across a dozen industries.
SFL Scientific is hiring a Data Science Project Manager to support our team in working with clients, organizing project development, and enabling technical solution delivery. Join a rapidly growing team of professionals working to build a world-class data science firm with a focus on solving complex and R&D problems.
In this role, you will work with the data science team to execute AI development projects. You will help with the day-to-day program management of project schedules, client communication, deliverables, problem-solving and management, and reporting. You will be involved and will have ownership driving technical strategy, customer experience, and business and technical objectives. This may include problem scoping, code review, and providing expertise by working with clients to understand what needs to be developed, developing realistic project scope, and how to best execute using internal or external partner resources.
This position is based in our Boston office, with current remote work in any location per COVID-19.
• Be the face of the data science team and prioritize and plan project execution, including written reports, project summaries, and client communication and briefings
• Along with Technical Leads, manage the effort, execution, reporting, and analysis of technical objectives & milestones
• Manage scope and evaluate priorities to efficiently balance resources for all DS projects
• Develop relationships with and ensure appropriate participation of client stakeholders and provide timely reporting, including presentations and written summaries.
• Define and build process for managing the development cycle for complex data models & architectures
• Lead final reporting & advisory functions based on project outcomes
• Identify opportunities for improvement in professional services, software stack, project methods, delivery, reporting, and for all DS related processes
• Participate in code reviews and evaluate project requirements versus scoped deliverables
• 3+ years of program management, data science, analytics, or business operations experience
• Previous experience working as a data scientist, data engineer; experience in computer vision, NLP, or other ML/AI modeling techniques
• Energetic team leader with client-facing, written, verbal, and conceptual skills
• Ability to work effectively with deadlines in a fast-paced, consulting environment
• Proven ability to manage multiple, competing, priorities simultaneously. Previous project scoping and project delivery experience preferred.
• Graduate Degree; STEM field, Masters or Ph.D.
Medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), paid maternity/paternity leave, disability insurance, etc.