SFL Scientific is seeking an experienced mobile and AR/VR software engineer to help us design, develop, and launch UAV/drone and autonomous devices for real-time data visualization and AI-based detection and processing. The role will be required to see out a project from conception to final product, either as a sole contributor or part of the development team, and require good organizational skills and attention to detail.
SFL Scientific is a US-based data science consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and solving business & operational challenges with Artificial Intelligence (AI). Working with clients of all sizes, industries, and AI maturity levels, our capabilities range from developing corporate AI strategies to building custom AI applications at scale. With a globally connected network of technology and cloud partners, SFL Scientific’s core services include leading cross-functional efforts across business, IT, and operations. Hundreds of clients—including S&P100 enterprises, fastest-growing startups, and government agencies—trust SFL Scientific to create and accelerate AI initiatives.
You will be involved in all aspects of our technology stack implementing rich user-facing applications. Being comfortable with the latest in UI development tools and UX design best practices is crucial for the position. Providing advanced autonomous, real-time, and AI-enabled systems, we continuously strive for the most innovative ways to provide meaningful, interactive, and streaming data visualization applications. We incorporate the latest visualization hardware and software solutions into our AI product line including the Hololens Augmented Reality device and other advanced AR devices.
- Collaborate with AI, technology, and product teams on defining, architecting, and building AR/VR applications from experimentation to deployment, monitoring, and continuous performance improvement
- Deliver novel, strategic tools combining real-time AI systems with AR/VR software solutions
- Develop rich user-facing libraries for web-based, mobile, tablet, and AR portals
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Support hardware interoperability including platforms such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match environment and project requirements
- Experience optimizing memory and space usage for support of different hardware systems
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- 5+ years of software development experience in a technology company
- Excellent software engineering skills beyond coding, including source control, unit testing, debugging, documentation, continuous integration & build
- Experience in multiple languages, including C/C++, Python, Swift, Kotlin
- Experience working on several native and mobile platforms — iOS, Android, HL2, Quest, etc.
- Experience virtual reality applications (VIVE, Rift, etc) for mobile
- Experience designing and building with real-time 3D engines (Unity, etc.) including textures, animation, GUI styles, and user session management
- Basic knowledge of AI algorithms and methods
- Past experience developing pilot-facing applications for UAV/drone applications
- Knowledge of 2D/3D optimization and modeling tools and game development
- Experience with UI design
This person will have a complete view of embedding AR/VR and engineering tools into a novel and technical field, working in a highly collaborative and responsive environment with high-profile Fortune 100 clients and partners. The candidate has the opportunity to shape how the team functions within SFL Scientific, specifically as the company expands based on client performance, project delivery, and technical solution development. This is an opportunity for a talented engineer to grow professionally and help develop a cohesive team of engineers, consultants, and scientists to support AI development to advance our society.
A MESSAGE ON COVID-19
Our priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families, and our communities. During this rapidly changing environment, we are looking forward to reopening the office on September 1st, while closely monitoring COVID-19 developments. We are regularly soliciting feedback from employees to help inform our reopening strategy and best accommodate working conditions individually, may it be remotely or in-office. We are looking forward to things returning to normal with safe conditions for everyone involved.
Base salary, performance bonus/compensation, medical coverage, 401k plan, paid time off (vacation, personal/sick, parental, etc.), flexible work schedule, ongoing industry training, and other company-wide perks.